Thieves steal two parrots from home near St Ives
A HUNT for a parrot has been launched after it was stolen from a home near St Ives.
Chieko, a blue and gold male Macaw and a gold female were taken after thieves broke into an aviary in the back garden of a home in Potton Road, Hilton, between 1.30am and 1.45am on Saturday (July 7).
The female parrot was found in a car abandoned in March but the 15-year-old Macaw is still missing.
Detective Constable Neil Gibbs said: “These are much-loved pets and this incident has left their owners very distressed.
“I would appeal to anyone who may have seen Chieko to contact police. Parrots are very territorial and is likely to have bitten anyone trying to steal him.”
You may also want to watch:
John Hayward, co-ordinator of the National Theft Register for exotic birds and animals, added: “On behalf of the owner of the birds, I appeal for any information of the Macaw whereabouts.
“These birds are highly intelligent and sensitive. I am most concerned for the welfare of both birds, but especially Chieko. “This is a serious matter of concern for their welfare and if anyone can help trace Chieko please call police or the National Theft Register.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call DC Gibbs on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.