Thieves steal two parrots from home near St Ives
A HUNT for a parrot has been launched after it was stolen from a home near St Ives.
Chieko, a blue and gold male Macaw and a gold female were taken after thieves broke into an aviary in the back garden of a home in Potton Road, Hilton, between 1.30am and 1.45am on Saturday (July 7).
The female parrot was found in a car abandoned in March but the 15-year-old Macaw is still missing.
Detective Constable Neil Gibbs said: “These are much-loved pets and this incident has left their owners very distressed.
“I would appeal to anyone who may have seen Chieko to contact police. Parrots are very territorial and is likely to have bitten anyone trying to steal him.”
John Hayward, co-ordinator of the National Theft Register for exotic birds and animals, added: “On behalf of the owner of the birds, I appeal for any information of the Macaw whereabouts.
“These birds are highly intelligent and sensitive. I am most concerned for the welfare of both birds, but especially Chieko. “This is a serious matter of concern for their welfare and if anyone can help trace Chieko please call police or the National Theft Register.”
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call DC Gibbs on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.