Thieves steal cash in smash and grab raid on house in Buckden
- Credit: Archant
Burglars stole cash after smashing their way into a house in Bucken on Monday.
The raid took place between 5.15-5.35pm at a house in Aradon Close, with thieves smashing a glass door at the back of the property before stealing cash from a bedroom located upstairs.
Detective Constable James Howard, of Cambridgeshire police, said: “The home owner left to visit family at 5.15 pm. When she returned a 5.35 pm the back door glass was found smashed and cash stolen from an upstairs bedroom.
DC Howard said £20 was stolen.
“We are keen to speak with anyone who may have seen a suspicious looking silver BMW with a roof fin in the Buckden area around these times.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information regarding the burglary can contact police on 101 or e-mail email@example.com
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 10 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
DC Howard added: “Just a reminder to check your home security and to make sure doors, windows and rear gateways are locked when you are away from the property.”