Thieves raid Cambs golf club and steal safe
- Credit: Archant
A SAFE containing cash was stolen by burglars who broke into a golf club.
The break-in happened at Bourn Golf Club, in Toft Road, Bourn, at about 10pm on Sunday (August 25).
The intruders, two men, are believed to have used a cream Mini Clubman with a black roof which left in the direction of Bourn.
Officers are keeping an open mind over whether the incident is linked to a burglary at Kingsway Golf Centre in Cambridge Road, Melbourn, on Monday (August 19) in which thousands of pounds worth of golf equipment was stolen.
Detective Constable Andy Bates, who is investigating, said: “I would urge anyone with information about these incidents to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also ask residents to remain vigilant, report anything suspicious and keep an eye out for the stolen safe, which may have been discarded.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact DC Bates at Cambourne Police Station on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages