Thief stole nearly £3,700 worth of electrical items
- Credit: Archant
A Southoe man has been given a suspended prison sentence after stealing nearly £3,700 worth of electrical items from a business in Welwyn Garden City.
John Marnes, aged 35, of High Street, admitted stealing £3,694 worth of goods from Purchase Direct, in Falcon Way, when he appeared at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court on February 10.
Magistrates deemed the crime to be especially serious due to the “significant planning and significant breach of trust”.
Marnes was ordered to carry out 100 hours of unpaid work within the next 12 months.
He must pay £1,215 in compensation, plus £115 to victim services and £85 court costs.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates gave him a jail term of six months, suspended for 24 months.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 7 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted