Thermal imaging camera spots chimney fire at Huntingdonshire thatched cottage

Fire-tape

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to detect a small chimney fire affecting a thatched cottage.

Fire crews from Huntingdon, St Ives and Peterborough were sent to School Lane in Kings Ripton at 7.05pm on Friday after a fire started in a chimney stack.

When the firefighters arrived the homeowner thought the fire was extinguished, but the crews used a thermal imaging camera and found a small fire within the chimney.

They stripped back some of the thatch and used chimney rods to extinguish the fire by 8.10pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter