Theatre group’s boost for cancer support charity
- Credit: Archant
A cancer support group based in Huntingdonshire received a cheque for more than £2,000 this week.
The Acorn Group, which holds meetings in Ramsey, Huntingdon and St Ives, was handed a cheque for £2,200 from St Ives Centre Theatre Players.
The theatre group raised the money through cabaret shows at the Burgess Hall.
The group, which is open to cancer patients and carers alike, has been going for almost 20 years.
Richard Chalkley, the musical director of the Centre Theatre Players, said: “Cancer is all too common these days and I know the money will be well spent as I know they provide a free snack lunch at all their meetings and also somehow manage to find the money for four boat trip a year on the Ladybird, not forgetting a free Christmas lunch.”
You may also want to watch:
For further detail about Acorn visit www.acornsupportgroup.org.uk.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 7 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted