The Hunts Post Photo Competition for 2016 is now open for entries
- Credit: Archant
Do you have an eye for taking a prize-winning photograph?
This week, The Hunts Post launched its 2016 Photo Competition, open to anyone who loves getting out and about with their camera.
Hunts Post editor Stefan Bartlett said: “This is a contest for all you amateur enthusiasts out there. The subject matter is down to you – if it is a photo you are proud of, send it in. So grab your camera and get snapping.”
Send in up to five of your favourite images, taken in the last 12 months, and you could win a prize. There are three categories, one for adults and two for juniors – under 11s and 11-16 year-olds. Prizes will be awarded to the winner of each category, and there will also be special prizes awarded for the best landscape shot, the best wildlife photograph and a photo of the editor’s choice.
This year, there will also be a chance to enter an additional category being run by Hearing Dogs for the Deaf. The charity’s theme is ‘pets assisting their owners’ and all entries that adhere to the theme are welcome.
The competition is being run in partnership with St Neots and District Camera Club.
All the entries will be printed and mounted and will feature in the club’s annual exhibition, which this year is its 64th.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
It will be held at the Priory Centre, St Neots, from 10am-4.30pm on Saturday, March 12. Entrance to the exhibition is £1, which includes a programme.
The judging panel for The Hunts Post contest will consist of club members and a short-list of potential winners will be announced ahead of the display, when the overall winners will be revealed.
To enter, images should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The files should be no larger than 2MB and sized 6ins x 4ins. The file name should be the name of the person who took the photo and their age, if 16 or under. In the e-mail, please also include a daytime telephone number, your address and details of where and when the photo was taken. The deadline for entries is 5pm on Sunday, February 21
Usual Archant competition rules apply. Photos that are not sent as e-mail attachments will not be accepted. Photos sent by Facebook will not be accepted. The editor’s decision is final.
INFORMATION: Any companies interested in sponsoring a prize should contact The Hunts Post on 01480 443451.