Teenager escapes Huntingdonshire house fire
- Credit: Archant
A TEENAGE girl escaped a fire at her Needingworth home which was started by a dishwasher.
The girl, who was asleep in bed when the fire started but was woken by smoke alarms, was placed in the care of the Ambulance Services after suffering smoke inhalation.
Two crews attended the blaze at the house in Ravens court, Needingworth at 8.45 on Saturday (April 27) and extinguished the fire.
The fire is thought to have been caused by a dishwasher.
Paul Clarke, Station Commander at Cambridge Fire and Rescue Service, said: “This resident was asleep when the fire broke out and working smoke alarms woke her up and alerted her to get out of the house. If there were no smoke alarms in this property, this situation could have ended very differently.
You may also want to watch:
“It is imperative that residents have correctly fitted, ceiling mounted smoke alarms on every floor of their house and incidents like this highlight how they can save lives.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 9 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward