Teenager dies following a collision in Kimbolton
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has died following a collision on the B645 on Sunday (August 28).
Police officers were called at 5.15pm to reports that a silver Ford Fiesta had collided with a tree along Tilbrook Road, Kimbolton.
Passenger in the vehicle, Tallulah Hampton, 17, of Tollfield, Kimbolton was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge but died later that evening.
The driver, an 18-year-old man from Kimbolton was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital and later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious injuries.
Cambridgeshire police, the East of England Ambulance Service along with a Magpas crew were called to the incident.
Sergeant Neil Lavender from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision or may have seen the Fiesta travelling east from Tilbrook towards Kimbolton to come forward.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service added: “Two rapid response vehicles, an ambulance crew, ambulance officer and Magpas Air Ambulance were dispatched. Two off duty paramedics were also on scene.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
“They treated a young woman who was in cardiac arrest. Following treatment at the scene, she was resuscitated and taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in a critical condition.”
Police have said that no arrests have been made at this time but are urging anyone with information is asked to call the Roads Policing Unit on 101.