Teenager attacked in ‘cowardly’ attempted robbery near St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was kicked and punched to the grounds in what police have described as a “cowardly attack” near St Neots.
An 18-year-old man was walking along an alleyway between Drake Road and Beatty Road, near Tesco Extra, in Eaton Socon, at about 12.30pm on Thursday (June 19) when he was approached by two youths.
They attacked him, knocking him to the ground, and a third youth joined in. One attempted to remove items from his pocket but the victim fought back and managed to flee.
He was not seriously injured but was left shaken and upset.
The youths were described as being in their late teens or mid 20s; one was white, 5ft 11in, and wore a grey hooded top and dark blue tracksuit bottoms; and another was 5ft 8in, slim, and wore a black and grey hooded top and black tracksuit bottoms.
Detective Constable James Howard said: “This was a cowardly attack on a lone teenage boy by a group of youths who clearly wanted to rob him.
“I am appealing for anyone with information about this incident or who recognises the descriptions to come forward.”
- 1 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 4 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 5 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 6 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 7 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 8 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 9 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday
- 10 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
INFORMATION: To help police with their inquiry, contact DC Howard on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.