Teenager arrested following sexual assault in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Huntingdon has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault, after a woman was sexually assaulted in Huntingdon on Friday (July 19).
The victim, who is in her 30s was jogging through Riverside Park at about 9am when she was grabbed from behind by a man.
She fought back before the man exposed himself and cycled off.
17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault yesterday (July 23). He has subsequently been bailed to return to Thorpe Wood Police Station on Sunday, August 18.
Following the attack, Cambridgeshire police put out an appeal for information.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Amerjit Singh said: "The victim was left understandably shocked and upset and I would like to applaud her bravery in fighting back.
"I want to identify the man responsible as soon as possible so I would urge anyone with information to not hesitate in coming forward.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
"While we are treating this incident very seriously it's also important to say that attacks of this nature are rare."
Anyone who witnessed the incident or saw the man described in the area should call 101, quoting incident 124 of 19 July. Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.