Teenager arrested following sexual assault in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Huntingdon has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault, after a woman was sexually assaulted in Huntingdon on Friday (July 19).
The victim, who is in her 30s was jogging through Riverside Park at about 9am when she was grabbed from behind by a man.
She fought back before the man exposed himself and cycled off.
17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault yesterday (July 23). He has subsequently been bailed to return to Thorpe Wood Police Station on Sunday, August 18.
Following the attack, Cambridgeshire police put out an appeal for information.
Detective Inspector Amerjit Singh said: "The victim was left understandably shocked and upset and I would like to applaud her bravery in fighting back.
"I want to identify the man responsible as soon as possible so I would urge anyone with information to not hesitate in coming forward.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 7 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
"While we are treating this incident very seriously it's also important to say that attacks of this nature are rare."
Anyone who witnessed the incident or saw the man described in the area should call 101, quoting incident 124 of 19 July. Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.