Teen girls knocked down by hit and run driver
TWO teenage girls mowed down by a hit and run driver on Friday have escaped with cuts and bruises.
The girls, both aged 18, were walking across a pedestrian crossing in The Avenue, Godmanchester, at 6.45pm when they were hit by a small red hatchback.
Police say the driver made no attempt to stop at the red light and drove off after colliding with the girls.
The victims were treated for cuts and bruises.
PC Neil Jackson said: “The driver collided with the girls after driving through a red light. They then failed to stop at the scene.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened, or who knows who is responsible to contact police.”
Anyone with information should call PC Jackson on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 10 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store