Teen girls knocked down by hit and run driver
TWO teenage girls mowed down by a hit and run driver on Friday have escaped with cuts and bruises.
The girls, both aged 18, were walking across a pedestrian crossing in The Avenue, Godmanchester, at 6.45pm when they were hit by a small red hatchback.
Police say the driver made no attempt to stop at the red light and drove off after colliding with the girls.
The victims were treated for cuts and bruises.
PC Neil Jackson said: “The driver collided with the girls after driving through a red light. They then failed to stop at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened, or who knows who is responsible to contact police.”
Anyone with information should call PC Jackson on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 7 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 10 Plastic burgers and teething troubles - the Modern Mum