Teen arrested in drugs raid - and two air pistols found - at Godmanchester house
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of having class B drugs – and two air pistols were confiscated – after a house was raided in Godmanchester.
The house in Merton Walk was raided under section eight of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act this morning (September 21).
Officers from the Huntingdon Neighbourhood Policing Team were joined by colleagues from the St Neots neighbourhood and rural crime teams.
Inside the home they found suspected drugs, drug paraphernalia and a 17-year-old boy who was arrested on suspicion of possessing a class B drug with intent to supply.
Two air pistols were also confiscated.
A 20-year-old man is helping officers with their inquiries after a small cannabis grow was also found at the property.
PC Tom Russell of the Huntingdon Neighbourhood Policing team, said: “We continue to proactively act on intelligence as part of our ongoing efforts to rid our streets of illegal drugs.
- 1 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 4 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 5 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 6 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 7 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 8 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday
- 9 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
- 10 This week Reader Photos showing close-ups of wildlife and some holiday scenes
“I would encourage anybody with information about illegal drug activity to report it to us, no matter how insignificant it may seem.”
More information on drug dealing, and how to report it, is available at: https://bit.ly/32Mwzcl