Tee off to help hearing dogs for the deaf at a charity golf day
- Credit: Archant
GOLFERS are invited to tee off for charity to raise money for Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.
The fun day begins with a bacon butty and will include competitions, a silent auction and prizes, rounded off with a two course meal.
All money raised will help fund the training of a hearing dog for a deaf person.
Volunteer puppy socialiser, Deborah Maloney, of Chatteris, said: “These dogs are life changing for people and sadly there’s a waiting list of up to five years to get one.
“They give people confidence to go out and about more and just as importantly, when you walk out with one of our dogs, people stop and chat, which is a great ice breaker.”
You may also want to watch:
The golf charity day, called Paws Fore Golf, takes place at Ramsey Golf and Bowls Club on Friday 23 August.
Tee off is at 1pm. Tickets cost £40 each and are available by calling the National Hearing Dogs for the Deaf fund raising manager Gill Yeates on 07824-453319.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Local businesses who can help with donations or prizes for the event should also call the ticket line number.