Tee off to help hearing dogs for the deaf at a charity golf day
- Credit: Archant
GOLFERS are invited to tee off for charity to raise money for Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.
The fun day begins with a bacon butty and will include competitions, a silent auction and prizes, rounded off with a two course meal.
All money raised will help fund the training of a hearing dog for a deaf person.
Volunteer puppy socialiser, Deborah Maloney, of Chatteris, said: “These dogs are life changing for people and sadly there’s a waiting list of up to five years to get one.
“They give people confidence to go out and about more and just as importantly, when you walk out with one of our dogs, people stop and chat, which is a great ice breaker.”
The golf charity day, called Paws Fore Golf, takes place at Ramsey Golf and Bowls Club on Friday 23 August.
Tee off is at 1pm. Tickets cost £40 each and are available by calling the National Hearing Dogs for the Deaf fund raising manager Gill Yeates on 07824-453319.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 9 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Local businesses who can help with donations or prizes for the event should also call the ticket line number.