Teams pull together for annual fire engine fundraiser in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers hauled in thousands of pounds by pulling a fire engine over a distance of four miles.
Teams from the Cambridgeshire Hunter Pub, The Hare and Hounds and the Brook and Barter took part in the 12th St Neots Fire Engine Pull, on April 30, raising about £14,000 for Burns Camp, which organises summer camps for young burns survivors.
Money was raised through sponsorship of the intrepid teams, along with a raffle and auction at a family fun day at the Cambridgeshire Hunter Pub, in Eynesbury.
Dave Webster, organiser of the event, said: “The good weather ensured that the crowds came out in force supporting the pull the whole length of the journey.”
Mr Webster also thanked those that helped to create another successful event.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone wishing to donate to the cause can contact Dave Webster at email@example.com at or Steve Wills at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next year’s event will be held on May 6.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed