Team of cyclists from Houghton and Wyton to join women-only night ride through London
- Credit: Archant
A group of seven friends from Houghton and Wyton are due to ditch the comfort of their beds at the weekend for a charity ride through London - through the night.
Gail Stapleford, Karen Pryor, Hilary Barden, Amanda Waughman, Jo Puckering, Ruth Smith and Sarah Cossey, who are all in their 40s and 50s, have been in training for the annual Women V Cancer Ride the Night on Saturday (May 30).
They will join hundreds of others for the women-only ride, a 100km circuit starting from Windsor and weaving into the centre of the capital, past landmarks such as Twickenham and Buckingham Palace, then back to Windsor.
They are due to set off at 10pm on Saturday and finish at about 4am the following day.
The ride is in aid of three cancer charities: Breast Cancer Care, Ovarian Cancer Action and Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust and the team set themselves the target of raising £1,600, which they quickly exceeded.
You may also want to watch:
As of this week, their total stood at nearly £2,500.
INFORMATION: To support their fundraising, visit www.justgiving.com/teams/houghtonandwytonbelles.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis