Taxi destroyed in accidental fire on A1 near Brampton Hut
- Credit: Archant
A taxi has suffered severe damage this morning (Tuesday) after the car caught light on the A1 southbound between Alconbury South and Brampton Hut.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from St Neots, Huntingdon and Sawtry found the cab on fire when they arrived at the scene at about 7.35am.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, and they returned to their stations by 8.26am.
Officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire (BCH) Road Policing Unit attended the scene whilst firefighters dealt with the blaze.
A post on the BCH’s Twitter said that the occupant of the taxi was on the way to the airport when they fire broke out.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation by the fire service found that the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?