Talented young dancers preparing for special performance at Disney
- Credit: Archant
Two groups of talented dancers from Huntingdonshire successfully auditioned to perform their own show at Disneyland next summer.
Pupils from ECStreet, in Warboys, and Spring Common Academy, in Huntingdon, came together in July to film their audition pieces, choreographed by teacher Emma Craig, which were sent off to Disney, in Paris.
Staff were impressed with the pupils’ audition and they have been invited to the venue in August next year to perform.
Ms Craig has been running ECStreet at the parish centre, in Warboys, for nine years, and has been teaching dance at Spring Common Academy as part of their senior games program for the past five years.
She said: “I’ve had a love of dance my whole life, and have been lucky enough to have a wonderful career out of it. One of my favourite jobs I’ve had was dancing in the Disney parades as Alice in Wonderland.
You may also want to watch:
“Now, because of a superb team effort of all of my students I get to take them to Disney as a choreographer and teacher. Not only do my students train hard in classes, we have a great laugh and enjoy it as that’s what dance is all about. They have excelled in their lessons, and that is why I felt they were ready to audition for this amazing opportunity.”
EC Street pupils are: Ollie Cole, Rosie Chapman, Ffion Price, Euan Collins, Millee Sparks, Charlotte Smith, Madison Duff, Chloe Scruton, Hannah Glenny and Aimee Tigwell.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
The Spring Common Academy students are: Jessica Gooden, Reece Craig, Aaron Wright, Freya Anderson, Francesca Miles, Mia Potter, Caitlyn Liebscher, Alex Swanick, Kaitlyn Pope, Bradley Bennett and ex students Luke Orvis and Brandon.
Work is now beginning to raise funds to allow all of the dancers to attend the trip to Parish next year. To find out more, log on to www.gofundme.com/disney-dreams-for-disabled-dancers.
To find out more about the dance classes, search for Emma Craig Dance on Facebook or e-mail email@example.com.