Pub wants childrens’ drawings for Poppy Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A popular Eaton Socon pub will donate money to charity for poppy pictures in an emotive remembrance display.
The White Horse, in Great North Road, will donate 25p to The Royal British Legion for every pub poppy window.
They are encouraging local children to take part in the event – with competition prizes up for grabs for the best ones.
There will be three different categories for children to take part from under-fives, five to nine and 10 plus.
Stuart Clements from the pub said: “We have got a big frontage to the pub which is not in use at the moment, so we thought how special it would be to flood it with pictures of poppies.
“We are hoping that it will get young people involved and local schools.
“It’s going to be strange this year due to Covid, but we still want to do our best to remember.”
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 7 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 10 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
Children can draw their own poppy or use an template and post it through the pub door - even after its closure on Thursday.