Pub wants childrens’ drawings for Poppy Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A popular Eaton Socon pub will donate money to charity for poppy pictures in an emotive remembrance display.
The White Horse, in Great North Road, will donate 25p to The Royal British Legion for every pub poppy window.
They are encouraging local children to take part in the event – with competition prizes up for grabs for the best ones.
There will be three different categories for children to take part from under-fives, five to nine and 10 plus.
Stuart Clements from the pub said: “We have got a big frontage to the pub which is not in use at the moment, so we thought how special it would be to flood it with pictures of poppies.
You may also want to watch:
“We are hoping that it will get young people involved and local schools.
“It’s going to be strange this year due to Covid, but we still want to do our best to remember.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
Children can draw their own poppy or use an template and post it through the pub door - even after its closure on Thursday.