Take part in the custard pie fight record attempt in St Ives
A WORLD record attempt will be made in St Ives on Sunday (July 8) ... for the largest custard pie fight.
As revealed by The Hunts Post last month, the food fight has been organised to fund an upcoming performance of Bugsy Malone by the St Ives Youth Theatre at the Burgess Hall and will need to beat the current record of 648 pies thrown by 253 people.
The record attempt will take place at Slepe Hall Field where there will also be the ‘Silly Games’ – part of the entertainment in the town following the Olympic Torch relay.
“The level of commitment the whole company has shown is incredible,” said theatre deputy chairman Tim Drye. “The rehearsals look absolutely fantastic but I suspect we’ll have all seen enough custard for a lifetime after this.
“Normally I’d be hoping for tickets to sell like hot cakes, but on this occasion we want them to fly like cold pies.”
INFORMATION: Anyone can take part by buying a ticket (�10) which includes two pies and a poncho.
The pie fight starts at 12.45pm. Tickets for Bugsy Malone, which runs between July 18 and 21, are available at www.siyt.co.uk/boxoffice.html or from Hephers Electrical.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 7 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 10 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'