Swans flying high as St Neots swimming club celebrates 25th birthday
A SWIMMING club that started with one lesson a week is celebrating its 25th birthday.
Swans Swimming Club, based in St Neots, was started in April 1987 by Linda Ashley-Davidson and Iain Gardner. To celebrate its landmark year the club is holding 25 events. Last week, the club had a Hawaiian pool party, and at the end of April it will host a 25m sprint event at Bedford High School.
Head coach Linda said: “We were a very small club producing results in galas and county level competitions. Our teachers are all ex-swimmers so our teaching standard is very high.
“We are not a business and we are open to everyone – the youngest person at the club is three months old and the oldest are in their seventies.
“There are sessions for people who want to compete and others for those who want to learn how to swim.”
You may also want to watch:
The club holds sessions at Ernulf Academy, Kimbolton School, Hinchingbrooke School and Bedford High School, and will host an open meeting in July.
Lessons take place on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings, Saturday mornings and Sunday lunchtimes. Call Sarah Thompson on 07854 518773 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan