Letter: Why we are asking for your support to continue providing quality journalism
- Credit: Archant
Now more than ever, local journalism matters.
In addition to holding public services to account and bringing you the latest news from our high streets, our courts, our sports teams and businesses; our staff are now working round the clock to provide you with the latest, fact-checked information on our region’s fight against coronavirus.
And now more than ever, we need your help to build a sustainable future for trusted local news.
Our reporting costs money, and so does providing our communities with free news in our newspapers and on our websites. Although we do make a small charge for the E-Edition, this is a nominal fee and we hope you agree that it is good value for money.
You may also want to watch:
You may already be award about the tough times facing local newspapers across the world and the situation has hardly been improved by recent events.
So to help us keep doing what we do and help keep you informed, we are inviting readers of our websites to give their financial support to our work.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
You’ll be invited to do so next time you visit us. You can contribute any amount you like, as a one-off or a recurring contribution.
We here at The Hunts Post are so proud of our community and proud of the journalism that supports the people, the businesses and the organisations. We want to continue to fight for the individual, to help raise vital funds for charities and to publish the weddings reports, the obits, the WI news, the jumble sales and the readers’ letters.
We strongly believe that accurate, useful, honest, local journalism is vital and we really hope you believe that too.
That’s why we hope you will help us. Every single gesture of support will keep us fighting for you and the people of Huntingdonshire.
Debbie Davies, Editor
If you value your local newspaper, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.