Supermarket staff swap shelves for shovels to help care home
- Credit: Archant
Managers at Morrisons’ new supermarket in St Ives have been making their presence felt in the community - before the store has even opened.
Twenty-two of the new managers spent four hours at the Rheola care home overhauling the garden ready for residents to use in the spring as part of a team-building day, working with St Ives Time Bank.
Morrisons’ community champion, Denise Gable and store manager Paul White organised the event because they have long-term plans for the store’s involvement with the town after it opens next month.
The managers filled a skip, tidied up and gave a makeover to Rheola’s dementia garden. Morrisons also donated plants and provided a lunch and tea party for staff and residents.
Mr White said: “This was such a fantastic welcome for us into the St Ives community and we are very happy to have made links with such a respected establishment as Rheola.
You may also want to watch:
“My colleagues all had a fantastic time and we loved working so hard and seeing the huge transformation. Rheola’s staff and residents were all delighted with the outcome. We look forward to building on the community connections we have already made once we open.”
Rheola is linked to St Ives Time Bank where volunteers offer their time to help various projects and can then claim time back if they need something in return.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
For more information about St Ives Time Bank, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.