Sue’s head shave for cancer charity
When Sue Potts was given the all-clear after abnormalities were discovered during a routine mammogram, she decided to raise money for women who aren’t so lucky.
The Waresley Park Garden Centre worker said she experienced a rollercoaster of emotions during her health scare – from the time of the test, through a biopsy procedure at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, to the all-clear.
She told The Hunts Post: “You go through the process of accepting you may have to have a mastectomy, but after all of that, I was all right. It shows if you go for a mammogram, and they find something, they can get it early.”
To raise money for Breast Cancer Care, Sue had her head shaved – an act which raised just over �1,800.
“It felt quite pleasant while it was being done but not now – it is not me at all. There is lots of [head] massaging going on – I’m trying to make my hair grow. I’ve raised �1,800 so far but there are still some sponsor forms out so hopefully we will tip over �2,000.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To sponsor Sue go to www.justgiving.com/susanpotts
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village