Sudden death of Hinchingbrooke School student
A HINCHINGBROOKE School student has died suddenly.
Chantelle Garside, who was in Year 11 at the Huntingdon school, died on Tuesday (April 3).
A statement on the school’s website from acting headteacher Di Beddow said: “It is with great sadness that the school has learnt of the death of Chantelle Garside, one of our Year 11 students.
“The police inform us that the circumstances of Chantelle’s death are not being treated as suspicious. The school is arranging counselling services to be available at the start of term and we will then discuss an appropriate tribute to her together. Our thoughts are with Chantelle’s family and close friends at this sad time.”
A police spokesman confirmed that they were called to an address in Elm Road, Huntingdon, by the ambulance service at 10.18pm.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The death is not being treated as suspicious and the matter has been passed to the coroner.”
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “We were alerted at 10.06pm and a girl was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital where sadly she died. Our thoughts are with her family at this tragic time.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Leave your tributes to Chantelle here or email email@example.com