Sudden death of Hinchingbrooke School student
A HINCHINGBROOKE School student has died suddenly.
Chantelle Garside, who was in Year 11 at the Huntingdon school, died on Tuesday (April 3).
A statement on the school’s website from acting headteacher Di Beddow said: “It is with great sadness that the school has learnt of the death of Chantelle Garside, one of our Year 11 students.
“The police inform us that the circumstances of Chantelle’s death are not being treated as suspicious. The school is arranging counselling services to be available at the start of term and we will then discuss an appropriate tribute to her together. Our thoughts are with Chantelle’s family and close friends at this sad time.”
A police spokesman confirmed that they were called to an address in Elm Road, Huntingdon, by the ambulance service at 10.18pm.
He said: “The death is not being treated as suspicious and the matter has been passed to the coroner.”
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “We were alerted at 10.06pm and a girl was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital where sadly she died. Our thoughts are with her family at this tragic time.”
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 9 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
Leave your tributes to Chantelle here or email email@example.com