Sudden death at Godmanchester factory
A YOUNG woman has died in a suspected industrial accident in Godmanchester this afternoon (Friday).
Emergency services were called to RGE Injection Moulding at Bridge Works, The Avenue, shortly after 2pm.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said they were called to reports of a person trapped, while the East of England Ambulance Service said they were called to reports of a young woman in cardiac arrest.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: “We were called at 2.15pm to reports of a sudden death at The Avenue, Godmanchester.
“The matter has been passed to the Health and Safety Executive.”
You may also want to watch:
The mother of an RGE employee told The Hunts Post: “My daughter called me just after two o’clock to say everyone was being sent home because there had been accident. She asked me to go and pick her up and when I got there, there was fire engines, police vans and ambulances. I asked what happened and my daughter’s friend said someone had gone in to clean a machine and got trapped.”
An HSE spokesman said that Cambridgeshire police were currently leading inquiries but two inspectors were on their way to help with the investigation.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
Workers have been sent home and the factory is closed. Emergency services remain at the scene.