Success at Huntingdonshire Regional College awards
Students at Huntingdonshire Regional College were recognised for their outstanding efforts and success last week at the annual awards ceremony.
The college recognised more than 60 students for either their progress or achievement on their course, as well as handing out special awards to students that have achieved in difficult circumstances.
Among the winners at the awards evening, held at the Marriott Hotel in Huntingdon because of ongoing refurbishment work at the college, were Craig Bucklow, winner of the VQ Awards for the East of England, and Harvey Hale, winner of the Magdalene Apprentice of the Year Award.
They also spoke about their time at the college and what had motivated them to achieve.
Susanne Stent, principal of Huntingdonshire Regional College, said “The awards ceremony was a fantastic evening with students’ families and friends, staff, local businesses and dignitaries attending to celebrate the fantastic achievements of our students.
You may also want to watch:
“The college achieved record success rates last year and we are on track to break this record again this year, showing that we are an exceptional place to study.”
The guest speaker for the evening was Councillor Nick Clarke, the new leader of Cambridgeshire County Council, who spoke about his career and gave advice to the students as they progress into higher education or employment.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
The event was supported by local businesses that sponsored individual awards and donated prizes to winners.
Huntingdonshire Regional College thanked sponsoring companies for their support.