Students sparkle as Abbey College celebrates prom in style
- Credit: Archant
Year 11 students at Abbey College, Ramsey made sure they turned out in style on June 30 to celebrate their prom.
Bringing students to the event at Slepe Hall, in St Ives, were a range of amazing and imaginative vehicles, with one group transforming a VW camper van into their very own ‘prom queens party bus’ and another arriving on a tractor.
The title of prom king and queen was awarded to Thomas Hodgson and Grace Ding, with Taylor Hewitt and Melissa Tyler walking away with the title of prom prince and princess.
There was also a prize for the most inspirational students, awarded to Bethany Gibson and Jordan Dawson.
To celebrate the school’s sporting success, accolades were given to Maxwell Dighton for sportsman of the year, along with sports woman of the year for Shona Drummond.
You may also want to watch:
There was also celebration for the girl’s hockey team, who walked away with best sports team. The squad is made up of Shona Drummond, Lizzie Steadman, Tuppney Kane, Abi Burgess, Molly McDonald and Holly Few.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service