Students celebrate in style at the Hinchingbrooke School prom
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty of style on show as Year 11 pupils at Hinchingbrooke School held their end of year prom on Friday.
Some students stepped out of classic cars including a Rolls Royce and a 1929 Sunbeam, while others chose stretch limousines.
Some even plumped to arrive at the venue in a VW camper van.
The winner for the Best Arrival by a Boy was Harry Keates who was dropped off in an American 1943 Dodge wc63, which is one of only nine in existence in the UK, and was originally used to transport cargo and personnel in the Second World War.
There was also a prize for the most creative arrival, with a host of students being applauded for their prom party bus entrance.
Glorious gowns and sharp suits were plentiful as the teenagers celebrated the end of their GCSE exams and the beginning of the summer.
Prom king and queen went to Ethan Marshall and Millie Warne, and Ben Lukey and Alice Rutherford walked away with Best Couple.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 5 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
List of winners from Hinchingbrooke prom:
Prom King: Ethan Marshall
Prom Queen: Millie Warne
Best Dressed Girl: Jess Mansfield
Best Dressed Boy: Tyrese Williams
Best Arrival Boy: Harry Keates
Best Arrival Girl: Isabel Williams
Most Creative Arrival: Prom Party Bus
Best Couple: Ben Lukey and Alice Rutherford
Best Dancer Girl: Ella Hagan
Best Dancer Boy: Napeno Pereira
Best Shoes Girl: Ellen Taylor
Best Shoes Boy: Dom Forshaw
Best Hair Girl: Shirley Stanley
Best Hair Boy: Max Harding