Strictly star Louis Smith meets fans at book signing in Huntingdon Gym
- Credit: Archant
LOUIS Smith recalls in his new book that he was “just Louis” when he first stepped through the doors of Huntingdon Gymnastics Club as a “naughty boy who had a habit of being mischievous”.
And the gymnast, now a triple Olympic medal-winner and Strictly Come Dancing champion, was back at the gym where he developed his talents to sign copies of Louis Smith - My Story So Far.
The 24-year-old sat in the canteen and met more than 100 fans who queued for an autographed copy on Monday (July 15).
Gym admin manager Sue Besant said: “There was a real family atmosphere. Louis spent a long time talking to people. There was a real cosy feel to it.”
Louis made one girl’s day because he is a pal of a member of her favourite boy band.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Besant said: “One of our young girls was thoroughly over-excited. She mentioned something about ‘Do you know JLS?’ So Louis recorded a video message with her to send to Aston. She was almost in tears with gratitude at that point.”
As well as having books signed, people were also encouraged to “sponsor a brick” for £5 to go towards the gym’s extension.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
INFORMATION: Anyone interested in sponsoring a brick or raising funds for the gym at the St Neots dragon boat race next month should call 01480 52343. Also, a number of signed copies of Louis’ book are available from the gym, in Mayfield Road, for £17.
For more on the appeal, visit www.huntingdon-gymnastics.org