Stray firework caused shed blaze in Buckden
- Credit: Archant
A fire which engulfed two sheds in Buckden started when a firework strayed off course.
Firefighters from Huntingdon and St Neots were called to a fire in Cranfield Close at about 6.30pm on Sunday.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving two sheds.
Watch Commander Rob Robinson said: “The crews arrived to find a well developed fire involving two sheds in close proximately to the house. They extinguished the fire using hose reels and a jet.
“The fire spread quickly and resulted in both sheds being significantly damaged. The quick actions of the crews meant the fire didn’t spread to the house, although there was some external heat damage.
You may also want to watch:
“The fire was caused by a firework that had fired into one of the sheds. Fireworks can be very dangerous, which is why we encourage families to attend organised displays rather than hold them in their homes.”
The crews returned to their stations by 8.50pm.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'