Stray firework caused shed blaze in Buckden
- Credit: Archant
A fire which engulfed two sheds in Buckden started when a firework strayed off course.
Firefighters from Huntingdon and St Neots were called to a fire in Cranfield Close at about 6.30pm on Sunday.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving two sheds.
Watch Commander Rob Robinson said: “The crews arrived to find a well developed fire involving two sheds in close proximately to the house. They extinguished the fire using hose reels and a jet.
“The fire spread quickly and resulted in both sheds being significantly damaged. The quick actions of the crews meant the fire didn’t spread to the house, although there was some external heat damage.
“The fire was caused by a firework that had fired into one of the sheds. Fireworks can be very dangerous, which is why we encourage families to attend organised displays rather than hold them in their homes.”
The crews returned to their stations by 8.50pm.