Still time to enter Huntingdonshire photography competition
- Credit: Archant
We are surrounded by water in Huntingdonshire so it’s no surprise The Hunts Post 2015 Photo Competition is awash with pictures featuring the wet stuff.
The River Great Ouse features in a number of entries, which now total more than 450, and the district’s many lakes are also popular spots for stunning snaps. There are also some more abstract water-based images, and others depicting the area’s rich supply of wildlife.
The competition, organised in partnership with St Neots and District Camera Club, has four sections, two for juniors and one for adults. There’s also a wildlife category, sponsored by the Huntingdonshire local group of the Wildlife Trust.
Prizes are up for grabs and the winners will be revealed at the camera club’s annual exhibition, which this year is at the Priory Centre, St Neots, on Saturday, March 28.
Everyone’s entries will be on display at the exhibition, alongside photos by club members and a Wildlife Trust stand.
• To enter, email up to six images to firstname.lastname@example.org. The files should be no larger than 2MB per image.
The file name should be the name of the person who took the photo and their age, if 16 or under.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 5 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
The junior sections are divided into under 11s and 11 to 16 year olds.
In the email, please also include a daytime telephone number, your address and details of where and when the photo was taken.
All photos should be sized 6insx4ins.
The deadline for entries is 5pm on Monday, March 9. Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final. INFORMATION: For more details, contact The Hunts Post on 01480 443451.