Still time to enter Huntingdonshire photography competition
- Credit: Archant
We are surrounded by water in Huntingdonshire so it’s no surprise The Hunts Post 2015 Photo Competition is awash with pictures featuring the wet stuff.
The River Great Ouse features in a number of entries, which now total more than 450, and the district’s many lakes are also popular spots for stunning snaps. There are also some more abstract water-based images, and others depicting the area’s rich supply of wildlife.
The competition, organised in partnership with St Neots and District Camera Club, has four sections, two for juniors and one for adults. There’s also a wildlife category, sponsored by the Huntingdonshire local group of the Wildlife Trust.
Prizes are up for grabs and the winners will be revealed at the camera club’s annual exhibition, which this year is at the Priory Centre, St Neots, on Saturday, March 28.
Everyone’s entries will be on display at the exhibition, alongside photos by club members and a Wildlife Trust stand.
You may also want to watch:
• To enter, email up to six images to email@example.com. The files should be no larger than 2MB per image.
The file name should be the name of the person who took the photo and their age, if 16 or under.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 9 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 10 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
The junior sections are divided into under 11s and 11 to 16 year olds.
In the email, please also include a daytime telephone number, your address and details of where and when the photo was taken.
All photos should be sized 6insx4ins.
The deadline for entries is 5pm on Monday, March 9. Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final. INFORMATION: For more details, contact The Hunts Post on 01480 443451.