Steve’s Taxis to donate 10p from every fare to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdon taxi firm is donating 10p from every fare to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Steve’s Taxis, covering Huntingdon and St Neots, has been taking NHS staff and other keyworkers to work during the coronavirus lockdown.
The team decided to repay their dedication by donating money from their fares to the hospital during the pandemic.
They said: “We will donate 10p to the NHS and as more people venture out using taxis to get to the shops, work and appointments; then the more fares we will do, therefore the more we will donate.
“We have asked Bill Hensley of Radio Huntingdon to adjudicate, and every week he will get a printout of all the jobs we have done and will announce on the radio how much our donation will be for that week.”
You may also want to watch:
Banners will be displayed in the offices and drivers can give more information.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester