Steve’s Taxis has raised more than £5,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A taxi firm in Huntingdon has raised more than £5,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital, after promising to make a donation from all customer journeys.
Steve’s Taxis wanted to thank all NHS staff at the hospital for their work during the coronavirus pandemic.
Hinchingbrooke Hospital staff have cared for many patients who suffered from coronavirus during the pandemic, working long hours and often putting themselves at risk to work on the frontline.
For all journeys that Steve Taxis make they have been donating 10p of each customer’s trip to the hospital.
At the end of last week, Steve’s drivers has completed 5,481 journeys which meant a total of £548.10 was collected for last week.
You may also want to watch:
Plus previous week’s totals, bringing a combined total of £5,432.10 will now be donated to the hospital.
Steve said “We have broken the £5,000 barrier now, and have increased our target to £10,000, which I think is only a few weeks away.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 6 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 7 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 8 Man who drove lorry while three times over the drink-drive limit has been jailed
- 9 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal