Steve’s Taxis has raised more than £5,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A taxi firm in Huntingdon has raised more than £5,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital, after promising to make a donation from all customer journeys.
Steve’s Taxis wanted to thank all NHS staff at the hospital for their work during the coronavirus pandemic.
Hinchingbrooke Hospital staff have cared for many patients who suffered from coronavirus during the pandemic, working long hours and often putting themselves at risk to work on the frontline.
For all journeys that Steve Taxis make they have been donating 10p of each customer’s trip to the hospital.
At the end of last week, Steve’s drivers has completed 5,481 journeys which meant a total of £548.10 was collected for last week.
You may also want to watch:
Plus previous week’s totals, bringing a combined total of £5,432.10 will now be donated to the hospital.
Steve said “We have broken the £5,000 barrier now, and have increased our target to £10,000, which I think is only a few weeks away.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity