Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Steve’s Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
Steve’s Taxis made a promise to donate 10p for every journey their drivers made, to support the NHS at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
It is their way of saying thank you to all the hospital heroes during this time of the pandemic.
Steve’s drivers completed enough journeys to raise a total of £20,356.40 of which Steve has now handed over to the hospital.
A cheque was presented to the hospitals chief executive Caroline Walker and chief nurse Jo Bennis on November 23.
Steve is now planning a new campaign to raise money for another good cause during 2022.
Steve’s Taxis worked all the way through the Covid-19 pandemic providing journeys for staff and patients at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
- 1 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 2 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 3 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 4 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 5 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 6 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 7 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 8 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 9 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 10 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
Stephen Woodham said: "All the staff contributed to this and this was a complete team effort and we look forward to working on new projects to raise money for another good cause."