Steve Taxis raise more than £10,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital from 10p fare donations
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdon taxi firm has raised more than £10,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital after donating 10p from every fare.
Steve’s Taxis decided to set up the initiative in May as a way to thank you to all the NHS staff during the coronavirus pandemic.
Last week they did 4,103 journeys, which means Steve will be giving £410.30 to the hospital, making a total donation over the last couple of months of £10,268.30.
The news was announced on Huntingdon Community Radio.
Steve said: “As a local company, I believe we should all be supporting our NHS heroes at our local hospital in these trying times, they are on the front-line saving lives every day, and this is my way of saying thank you.”
You may also want to watch:
Steve hopes to reach his current target of £15,000 by Christmas.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester