Star for a Star is back in St Neots and St Ives
BEREAVED families and friends in Huntingdonshire have a unique opportunity to pay a special tribute to their loved ones this Christmas – and raise money for worthy causes.
Hundreds of St Neots people used the Star For A Star initiative – run by Anglia Co-operative Funerals – last year and helped to raise more than �1,600 for town Mayor Barry Chapman’s charity fund.
It was such a success that it is being extended to St Ives this year by Dennis Easton Funeral Services.
People are able to place a wooden star, with their own a personalised message, on the Christmas trees in St Neots and St Ives for a donation of �3. The stars are available from Anglia Co-operative Funerals at 1 Huntingdon Street, St Neots, and Dennis Easton Funeral Services, at 1 Broad Leas, St Ives.
Stars will also be available from stalls at the St Neots Christmas lights switch-on on Friday, November 30, and the St Ives Christmas market and switch-on on Sunday, December 2.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised by the stars in St Neots will again go to Cllr Chapman’s charity fund while the money raised at St Ives will be go into the charity fund of St Ives Mayor, Cllr Debbie Townend.
Cllr Chapman, who this year is supporting Alzheimer’s UK and the St Neots Coffee Pot Memory Caf�, the Sue Ryder St John’s Hospice at Moggerhanger and St Neots Air Cadets, said: “Star For A Star is a wonderful way of remembering loved ones and supporting some fantastic causes.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?
Cllr Townsend is supporting Parkinson’s UK and St Ives Community First Responders as her two main charities.
She said: “I’m so glad this wonderful initiative has come to St Ives and very grateful it’s supporting my charities. It allows people who have lost a loved one to remember them with a star on our Christmas tree – it’s a lovely idea.”
INFORMATION: To find out more call Darren Barker at Anglia Co-operative Funerals in St Neots on 01480 210780 or Shaun French at Dennis Easton Funeral Services, St Ives, on 01480 463019.