Staff out in force to clean up Huntingdon streets
- Credit: Archant
Armed with bin bags, litter pickers and tea bags a group of Luminus employees took to the streets to clear up.
The social housing company held one of its annual Big Tidy Up and CommuniTEA Challenge’s in Oxmoor, Huntingdon, last Monday (July 13).
The event is aimed to make communities more pleasant and for staff to identify incidents of fly tipping to ensure that they are reported and removed.
Luminus Group chief executive, Dr Chan Abraham said: “The Big Tidy Up is one such example of what is possible when willing people work in cooperation to make something good happen.”
As a part of the day many of the team brought the CommuniTEA Challenge to people’s doors to offer a free teabag and ask residents what they though about where they live and ideas for how everyone can work together to improve their community.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that the CommuniTEA Challenge will encourage residents to come together, build stronger relationships and make positive changes where they are.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'