Staff at Cineworld are cycling to raise money for Children in Need
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Cineworld in St Neots and Huntingdon are taking part in a cycling challenge to raise money for the Children in Need charity.
The teams, along with colleagues across the country, are cycling the distance between all 95 Cineworld cinemas on exercise bikes which have been placed in the reception areas to allow customers to join in and make donations.
There are other fundraising activities, including ‘guess the name of the bear’ competition and during half-term week, all the proceeds from three junior films will be donated to the charity. Children in Need merchandise is also on sale at the cinemas.
“We are very proud to be supporting Children in Need and people seem to be enjoying getting involved,” said St Neots Cineworld’s operational manager Gary Deer.
INFO: To book tickets for the junior films, go to: www.cineworld.com and to make a donation to the Cineworld fund, visit: JustGiving.com/company/Cineworld.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured are Gary Deer (operational manager) and Sue Martin (team member).
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k