Staff and pupils celebrating double award for Crosshall School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff at Crosshall Infants School are celebrating after a double award win for their hard work in promoting eco awareness and IT skills..
Earlier this year the St Neots school was handed a Green Flag accolade for its eco awareness.
Class teacher and eco leader Katie Conrad said: “It is very exciting for us to have won the award. At the school we have a children’s committee and an adult’s committee and we are both working together to make our school more eco friendly.”
As a part of the bid to become more eco aware the school have been carrying out litters picks, opening up a quiet area and tending to their vegetable garden in the playground.
They were also delighted to be given an ICT mark accreditation, from NAACE, for their teaching of computers and the internet.
You may also want to watch:
ICT leader Hannah Heeney said: “We are chuffed to bits to be given the IT mark as everything we are doing at the school has been given positive feedback.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
- 10 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid