Staff and pupils at club are simply outstanding
- Credit: Archant
There was cause for celebration at an after-school club in Ramsey, after its latest Ofsted report came back rating it as outstanding.
Foxes Out of School Club, part of Ramsey Day Nursery, received the top result in all areas of its inspection, which included effectiveness of leadership and management, quality of teaching, and personal development.
The club, in Station Road, caters for children from four to 11-years-old and was praised for its enthusiastic staff and their ability to encourage awareness of equality and diversity.
The report, written by Gail Warnes, noted: “The manager is highly focused on supporting children’s emotional well-being. She has successfully introduced a democratic peer mentor system to empower children to support each other to resolve any minor disagreements and to help new children to settle.”
It also said: “Staff are highly reflective practitioners who work well together to provide children with the opportunity to relax and have fun. They work closely with the school, forging superbly effective partnerships to ensure children’s individual needs are met.”
You may also want to watch:
“It’s very much about the teamwork,” Fiona Naisby, manager at the nursery, added.
“It’s an amazing team and the children work fantastically.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“We also work well with the parents and we have had some lovely questionnaires back from them.”