Staff and pupils at club are simply outstanding
- Credit: Archant
There was cause for celebration at an after-school club in Ramsey, after its latest Ofsted report came back rating it as outstanding.
Foxes Out of School Club, part of Ramsey Day Nursery, received the top result in all areas of its inspection, which included effectiveness of leadership and management, quality of teaching, and personal development.
The club, in Station Road, caters for children from four to 11-years-old and was praised for its enthusiastic staff and their ability to encourage awareness of equality and diversity.
The report, written by Gail Warnes, noted: “The manager is highly focused on supporting children’s emotional well-being. She has successfully introduced a democratic peer mentor system to empower children to support each other to resolve any minor disagreements and to help new children to settle.”
It also said: “Staff are highly reflective practitioners who work well together to provide children with the opportunity to relax and have fun. They work closely with the school, forging superbly effective partnerships to ensure children’s individual needs are met.”
You may also want to watch:
“It’s very much about the teamwork,” Fiona Naisby, manager at the nursery, added.
“It’s an amazing team and the children work fantastically.
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 3 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
“We also work well with the parents and we have had some lovely questionnaires back from them.”