St Neots woman donates hair and money to charities
KARRINA Bishop raised more than �350 for the Miscarriage Association AND donated 12 inches of her hair to the Little Princess Trust, which makes wigs for children whose hair has fallen out after chemotherapy treatment.
The 23-year-old, of Sallow Road, Eaton Socon, suffered a miscarriage three-and-a-half years ago shortly after marrying husband Karl.
She said: “I knew I wanted to raise money for the Miscarriage Association but didn’t know how. Someone told me about donating hair and so I thought why not help out two charities in one.
“The association offers help to women who have had miscarriages. Although I didn’t get any help because I had a lot of support from my husband, and my mother Debra and her partner Mandy, it’s heartbreaking to think others don’t have that support.
“The help from Saints hairdressers was amazing and their top stylist agreed to cut my hair for free.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To donate money to the Miscarriage Association visit www.justgiving.com/karrina
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity