St Neots Town Council website taken over by hackers
- Credit: Archant
The St Neots Town Council website has been taken over following an attack by hackers on Tuesday morning.
The site has been taken over by a group who call themselves Black Worm – it is believed the group has targeted numerous UK and international websites since forming in early 2015.
Anyone who clicks on the website will now be faced with the slogan “Muslims are not terrorist”.
The group goes onto to state: “Muslims are not terrorists, proud to be Muslim I’m not looking for fame but I have a goal to achieve. I hacks for the cause. I defend the diginity of Muslims!
“Media freedom don’t give you permission to attack an religion.”
You may also want to watch:
It is unclear whether the town council are aware of the problem at this stage and how long the website has been hacked for.
Earlier this year the same group, also known as AnonCoders, hacked into the The Radcliffe School’s website, in Milton Keynes, and a number of other council sites.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'