St Neots to lose Further Education provision
ST NEOTS further education provision is set to close after officials at Huntingdonshire Regional College voted to shut the campus.
ST NEOTS further education provision is set to close after officials at Huntingdonshire Regional College voted to shut the campus on Almond Road.
The decision, taken at a meeting on Tuesday (March 27) evening, comes despite fierce opposition to the plan which will see all construction-based courses move to the California Road campus from September.
The 30 full-time students from St Neots will be offered free travel between the towns.
A college spokesman said: “At Huntingdonshire Regional College we regularly review our courses to ensure we are meeting the needs of the local community and business.
You may also want to watch:
“The Governors have considered all the views from the consultation period and discussed the proposal at length.
“They have come to the decision to move the Construction provision to California Road for September 2012.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes