St Neots Tesco Express attracts 300 job applications for just 20 positions
- Credit: Archant
A Tesco Express store is to open in the Loves Farm area of St Neots next month – and the recruitment drive saw the company receive more than 300 applications for 20 jobs.
Bosses at the store, in Dramsell Rise, said they had employed staff from St Neots and the surrounding area to bring a “community feel” to the shop.
Manager Rachel Viner said: “I was thrilled by the response we received to our recruitment drive. There were so many great applicants, which made the decision very tough when it came to selecting the successful 20.
“My new team and I are looking forward to offering shoppers a clean, bright and spacious new store with fast and friendly service.
“We want to make this very much a local store for local people.”
You may also want to watch:
It will be open every day from 6am-11pm and will have a free-to-use cash machine, National Lottery counter, self-service tills, a mobile phone top-up facility, bakery and a Costa Coffee plus free parking. There will be a click and collect service where customers can order online from Tesco Direct and pick up their goods from the new store.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester