Students spread festive cheer in St Neots
- Credit: TBAP
Christmas food parcels, cards and gift boxes were donated to people in St Neots by kind-hearted students.
Learners at TBAP Unity Academy St Neots prepared the festive treats during their last week of term.
The group of Year 11’s packed boxes of Christmas treats donated by Sainsbury’s, members of staff and the school’s community.
They also wrote Christmas cards to people at the Hope Centre in Northampton, a charity for the homeless, with messages of support for the festive season.
They also sent cards to residents in local care homes, saluting them for their bravery during the pandemic.
Sarah Anderson-Rawlins, head of school, said: “It has definitely been a time where as a school community, we have looked at how we can make a small, positive difference to people’s lives and try to improve the mental health of those around us.”
In recognition of their festive efforts, staff members arranged gifts for every student.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 6 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 7 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 8 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections