St Neots’ student in bid to raise money for international adventure.
- Credit: Archant
A youngster from St Neots is attempting to raise money to allow him to volunteer in Costa Rica and Nicargua,
Toby Wilkinson, is to take on a four-week expedition to help build houses and wells in deprived areas.
The 14-year-old Ernulf Academy student is set to go on his expedition in 2019, but needs raise £4,080 to pay for flights and accommodation.
Toby said, “It’s a four-week expedition via Camps International and I shall take part in many activities to help the local community, such as digging wells and foundations for houses and schools. I will also take part in animal and wildlife preservation and many other activities.
“I am doing this as I like to challenge myself and help other people who need it most, I knew this opportunity would only come once so snatched it up quickly, however this trip does come at a very high cost.”
You may also want to watch:
Toby is doing various things to fund raise, including, a sponsored bike ride.
“I have a sponsored bike ride coming up which is 170-mile round trip over two days to Essex and back and would be so grateful for any sponsors. I am happy to feature any businesses that help me with sponsorship on my Camps International T-shirt,” he added.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
INFO: To sponsor Toby email him on email@example.com.