St Neots’ student in bid to raise money for international adventure.
- Credit: Archant
A youngster from St Neots is attempting to raise money to allow him to volunteer in Costa Rica and Nicargua,
Toby Wilkinson, is to take on a four-week expedition to help build houses and wells in deprived areas.
The 14-year-old Ernulf Academy student is set to go on his expedition in 2019, but needs raise £4,080 to pay for flights and accommodation.
Toby said, “It’s a four-week expedition via Camps International and I shall take part in many activities to help the local community, such as digging wells and foundations for houses and schools. I will also take part in animal and wildlife preservation and many other activities.
“I am doing this as I like to challenge myself and help other people who need it most, I knew this opportunity would only come once so snatched it up quickly, however this trip does come at a very high cost.”
Toby is doing various things to fund raise, including, a sponsored bike ride.
“I have a sponsored bike ride coming up which is 170-mile round trip over two days to Essex and back and would be so grateful for any sponsors. I am happy to feature any businesses that help me with sponsorship on my Camps International T-shirt,” he added.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 3 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 7 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
INFO: To sponsor Toby email him on firstname.lastname@example.org.