St Neots student captures film stars at Bafta Film Awards
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots photography student tested her skills by taking snaps with the stars at the Bafta Film Awards.
Grace Bristo, 18, of Foxglove Close, Eaton Ford, joined the fans lining the red carpet and managed to take selfies with names such as Tom Hiddleston - who played Loki in The Avengers - and Unbroken actor Jack O’Connell.
She was joined for the event on Sunday (February 8) by her friend and fellow student at Huntingdonshire Regional College, Freya Hoster, 18, and their tutor Mark Woods-Nunn.
They had the chance to attend as Mr Woods-Nunn usually goes along to the event and he picked students’ names out of a hat to accompany him. Grace, who is in the second year of a BTEC Extended Diploma Photography course and also works at Waitrose in St Neots, hopes to go on to take photos for advertisements to raise awareness of important issues.
She said: “I was on the second row but I’m quite tall so I shouted to them and said ‘can I have a photo?’.
“It was just surreal seeing them - there are so many people there in that moment.
“It was definitely an experience and I learnt a lot from it. They were all lovely.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 6 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
INFORMATION: To see more of Grace’s photos, visit her page at www.facebook.com/gracebristophotography.