St Neots sign former Premier League striker in “audacious” transfer
ST NEOTS Town have signed former Aston Villa striker Stefan Moore for a five-figure sum.
ST NEOTS Town have signed former Aston Villa striker Stefan Moore.
Moore, 27, has joined the Saints on a two-and-a-half year deal after leaving Zamaretto Premier side Halesowen Town, where he scored 39 goals last season.
St Neots chairman John Delaney said the club had paid an undisclosed five-figure sum up front and in full to bring Moore to the Hunts Post Community Stadium in a deal he described as “probably the most audacious and biggest transfer deal in the whole of non league football this season.”
Moore, who has also played for QPR and captained Aston Villa to the FA Youth Cup, said: “I believe in the project that the owners have for the club. Everything about St Neots has been very impressive and both Mike Kearns and John Delaney, who are very passionate about their club, conducted themselves throughout the transaction in a highly professional manner. I have a very good feeling about the whole set-up.”
You may also want to watch:
Delaney added: “This is probably the most audacious and biggest transfer deal in the whole of non league football this season. We have signed a top quality player who is in his prime and many clubs will be casting envious eyes towards us now.
“If anyone doubted our intention to do everything possible in our power to progress up the pyramid then this should make matters very clear.”
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village