St Neots schools closed due to burst water main
THREE St Neots schools were forced to close today after the water supply in the area was cut off.
Bushmead Primary School, Crosshall Infant Academy and Crosshall Junior School informed parents first thing that the schools would remain closed until further notice.
According to Anglian Water the problem was caused by a burst 12” PVC water main which was reported at around 5.15am.
Engineers were then dispatched to the area and were able to isolate the incident and route water into the area using other pipes.
A spokesman for Anglia Water told The Hunts Post: “We’re very sorry for the interruption in supply that some customers in Eaton Socon experienced this morning, Friday October 19.
“Because this area is quite flat and the burst was to a large water main, pressure was lost from the water network very quickly and this caused the disruption for customers.
“We are sorry for the inconvenience this will have caused.
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 3 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 10 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
“The damaged main will be repaired today but customers’ supplies should not be interrupted while we do this.”
According to the water company supplies were restored by 11am.