St Neots schools closed due to burst water main
THREE St Neots schools were forced to close today after the water supply in the area was cut off.
Bushmead Primary School, Crosshall Infant Academy and Crosshall Junior School informed parents first thing that the schools would remain closed until further notice.
According to Anglian Water the problem was caused by a burst 12” PVC water main which was reported at around 5.15am.
Engineers were then dispatched to the area and were able to isolate the incident and route water into the area using other pipes.
A spokesman for Anglia Water told The Hunts Post: “We’re very sorry for the interruption in supply that some customers in Eaton Socon experienced this morning, Friday October 19.
You may also want to watch:
“Because this area is quite flat and the burst was to a large water main, pressure was lost from the water network very quickly and this caused the disruption for customers.
“We are sorry for the inconvenience this will have caused.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
“The damaged main will be repaired today but customers’ supplies should not be interrupted while we do this.”
According to the water company supplies were restored by 11am.